Michigan Criminal Lawyers who will make Things Better
Facing any kind of criminal charge is stressful. You already know that. Now, you have to look for a criminal lawyer. You need someone you can trust. Your lawyer has to fight like a bear to produce the best outcome possible.
It can seem the more you look around, the more you get confused. Every lawyer has a message and a sales pitch.
Here are 3 key qualities that you need in a criminal lawyer::
1. Experience. You have to know that your lawyer is experienced in the kind of case you have. He or she must know the court where your case is being heard. My team and I ONLY take cases that fit within our realm of our prior experience. We stick to local courts where we appear regularly. This is why our firm limits our criminal and DUI practice to cases pending in the district and circuit courts of Wayne, Oakland, Macomb and the surrounding counties.
2. Personality. Your criminal lawyer has to be a fighter, and stand up for your rights. He or she has to protect you, and your interests. That means actually making things better. You have to like and trust the lawyer you are going to hire, because he or she is your spokesperson when dealing with the prosecutor and the Judge. My team and I will always be completely honest with you, and will never sell you out by merely telling you what you want to hear.
3. Fees. Price should NEVER be a secret, and it isn't with our practice. We are the only firm to list its prices online. Our firm charges enough to properly handle every case we take. We don't cut corners, nor we don't do unnecessary work, either. Instead we do what's needed to produce the very best outcome possible.
If you're facing a criminal charge, your future is on the line. There are 4 things you NEED, above all others:
1. To stay out of jail,
2. To keep your record as clean as possible,
3. The very best results legally possible, and
4. A lawyer you can trust to do that.
These things sound good as talking points, but when it's your life, they aren't just talking points. They're your reality. As Michigan criminal lawyers, my team and I spend all day, every day, handling criminal cases. We don't just "fight," we always follow an intelligent defense strategy. This means formulating a solid plan, and not just making a lot of noise.
My team and I are full time Michigan criminal lawyers. We don't do divorce cases or get involved in lawsuits. In fact, we're not even "general" criminal lawyers. We are defined as much by the kinds of cases we don't handle as those we do. Although we represent people for a wide range of offenses, here are some of the more common charges we handle, listed alphabetically:
- Accosting and soliciting
- Aggravated assault
- Assault and battery
- Auto-theft (unlawful driving away of an automobile)
- Computer crimes
- Criminal sexual conduct
- Disorderly person
- Domestic violence
- Driving while license suspended/revoked/denied
- Drug and drug-related crimes
- False pretense offenses
- Firearms/weapons charges
- Financial Transaction Device crimes
- Home invasion
- Indecent exposure offenses (including aggravated indecent exposure)
- Larceny charges
- Malicious destruction of property
- Offering to engage
- Retail fraud
If you are facing criminal charges, or expect to be charged with a crime, you need the best representation possible. Beyond all the legal stuff, you need a criminal lawyer who will be there for you. In our office, we work as a team. When you're our client, and you have any questions, all you have to do is call. Whoever answers the phone should be able to answer your questions right then and there. If not, then they'll get answers for you right away.
For more information about criminal law, check out our blog. It is fully searchable, and updated with 2 new, original articles every week. You can learn more there than any and everywhere else combined.
Anyone in need of legal services should be a savvy consumer and look around. There is simply no downside to exploring your options. Nobody can protect you better than our firm, but don't take our word for it. Check for yourself. We absolutely believe the best thing you can do is call us, and then call around to compare.
All of our consultations are free, confidential, and, best of all, done over the phone, right when you call. My team and I are very friendly people who will be glad to answer your questions, explain things. We'll even be happy to compare notes with something any other lawyer has told you.